Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gardens and Life

I was out planting in my garden this morning. So I've got tomatoes in five different colors, and none of them are red! I was planting pink brandywine tomatoes and hungarian hot wax peppers and kicked my shoes off. The soil felt sandier than I thought it was. I know it sounds weird to say I felt the energy in the plants and soil, but I think I did.

It made me think of the gardeners in my life I have lost. I'm not totally used to gardening alone, but I'm starting to enjoy it. Growing your own food is so life affirming. It takes a little planning and effort, but there are many varieties you can't buy in a store. Fresher food tastes better.

No matter where you live, you can grow something. Many typical garden plants (tomato, pepper, eggplant, and even small corn) do very well in containers. Now is the time to go to your nearest plant nursery and grow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Ask Freiya. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates