Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What's so great about being human?

English: Human bonding with an emu in Australia
English: Human bonding with an emu in Australia (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
A toddler girl crying
A toddler girl crying (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
 Rethink yourself this new year. Who did you always want to be? Our challenge is to evaluate each moment and decide whether it is moving us nearer or further from who we really are.

It's not made to be a sad existence where everything just happens to us, even when it feels that way. Human life is full of tears. Own each and every tear.

 I may be extraterrestrial, but I'm still human. I don't just love, I question how and why I love. If I am angry, I can choose my reactions. My desire and ability to create is boundless. Sometimes, I may have wished that I could be something else. I ask, What if I felt no physical or emotional pain? What if I had no physical or mental limits?

Then I realize how crucial feelings are to the human experience. How could I truly laugh if I couldn't cry? Why would I bother to pursue my passions if there were no emotional drive? Think about it. How would you know you loved anyone or anything? What would be the point of making love if you couldn't feel anything?

I challenge you to allow space for all your feelings, but choose not to hang on to those which do not serve you.



Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Ask Freiya. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates